French GNOME team coordinator

To whom it may concern,

I am a candidate for the new French GNOME team coordinator position.

For some years, I have been working on the French GNOME translation,
with contributions such as Totem, Rhythmbox, Evolution, Eog, Banshee
and some other related projects SportsTracker, Serpentine, etc. In
professional context, I am software engineer and architect in the
defence and energy domains activity. I have a good knowledge of GTK+
API, GNU/Linux platform and real time OS.

This year, despite the opposition of RedFox and thanks to the energy
of the French translation team, we have managed to write high quality
documentation on the wiki and to launch Vertimus. Today, I am
responsible for the maintenance of Vertimus.

The prolonged absence of RedFox was beneficial and promoted a lot of
positive work which I now hope to recreate.

I strongly agree with the ideas put forward by Benoit Dejean, to quote
him (my comments are in brackets):

- I would make GnomeFr more open [it's an OpenSource project, isn't it ?].

- I would bring together a small team of 2 or 3 contributors to avoid
bottlenecks [with CVS account, like Christophe Bliard with GNOME documentation].
We currently have 5 proof-readers which is not enough. Many modules have
a dedicated maintainer (often needed because the software is very
specific, like ekiga). I would try to bring together all these people
and set them as proof-readers.

- I would try to establish friendly links between the translation team
and the French-speaking Gnome developers [only one IRC channel]

I would also like to emphasize the following points :

1. The welcoming and integration of new contributors

2. The standardization of the various support documents e.g. wiki,
traduc and IRC

3. The clarification and internationalization of the Vertimus code to
make it available as soon as possible to other translation teams (many
features are on the TODO list).

4. Work to reduce the differences in translation between upstream and
Ubuntu with the help of the Rosetta team.

6. Work on the coming together of different French translation teams
to work on OpenSource projects such as distributions, KDE, Mozilla,
Sun or OpenOffice. We have many things to share such as translation
guides, glossaries and tools. Such efforts already exist but I would
like to focus on them more intently.

I would ask all those who are in favour or not, to give their opinion
on my application.
I can't build a successfull work team without you.

Regards,

Stéphane