Re: Assamese translation for GNOME

On 28/08/2006, at 11:23 PM, Amitakhya Phukan wrote:

Hi all,
I want to join the GNOME translation project and want to work on the Assamese translation.

Welcome ! :)

I have contacted the coordinator of this project, Mr. Sunaram Patir, and he has welcomed me to the project team and has directed me to this link:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html

I want to participate actively in this project. Please do tell me what more is required from my side so that I can contribute to the maximum and how do I obtain the CVS access to it? I have already subscribed to the list at this email address of mine.

The most useful way to contribute to the project is by reading the information in the wiki (especially the Howto documents), and by sharing the internationalization task with other translators in your team. This means learning from each other, helping each other with translation, and working together to create the best Assamese translation of GNOME!

I am sure your team-leader will have plenty of work for you to do. :)

Apart from translating files, language teams also work on developing a consistent and accurate vocabulary, reviewing translations, dealing with bug reports and testing input/display and other software issues with their language. You can also help developers understand how best to create software that will be appropriate for your culture. You can report typos in PO files, test translations and generally be a contributor to the GNOME project.

Please feel free to ask further questions here, if they're not answered by our documents in the wiki. :)