Assamese translation for GNOME

Hi all,
I want to join the GNOME translation project and want to work on the Assamese translation. I have contacted the coordinator of this project, Mr. Sunaram Patir, and he has welcomed me to the project team and has directed me to this link:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html

I want to participate actively in this project. Please do tell me what more is required from my side so that I can contribute to the maximum and how do I obtain the CVS access to it? I have already subscribed to the list at this email address of mine.

With regards,
Amitakhya Phukan.