Re: help on bug #307566

On April 10th, remus draica wrote:

> 2. use a file for every language. In that file, only the proper range is
> present and contains the "military characters"
> for example, for English:
>
> 	unicode		"military char"
> 	unicode(a)	N_("alpha")
> 	unicode(z)	N_("zulu")
>
> I prefer the second solution.
>
> Any other idea/solution is welcome.

I know it may suck for translation memories, but perhaps having a
single, big translatable string containing all the words separated by
newlines might be suitable (it's the only scalable thing I can think
of in PO files).  But only if for every language, it holds that the
first letter of the word is the character it represents (it holds for
Serbian, English, perhaps most, but are there counter-examples?).

Another approach would be to also put unicode characters delimited by
something like ":":