Re: Commit policies and autogenerated changes

Yesterday at 15:58, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:

> Is there any general commit policy regarding this? Is it up to
> maintainers of the module or can team leader tell to not to touch
> translations under their supervision?

Not really.  intltool build stuff should not update-pos on make dist
anymore (I think), so it is our *recommendation* that maintainers do
NOT commit such updates.

However, this is not a strict policy: we have only agreed (this was
brought up on some of the lists long time ago, try searching the
archives) that committing is only producing more work for translators,
so it is discouraged.

If you find such a module, feel free to ask the maintainer politely to
not commit them.

Cheers,
Danilo