Re: Other important modules to translate

On 07/09/2005, at 1:50 AM, Alexander Shopov wrote:

Do not forget that the translated experience in Gnome depends on other
modules as well.

Is there anywhere we can see on which exterior (?) modules the translation experience in Gnome depends? I was sort of trusting to the status pages to show me what needed doing. :(

One of the most important one is here:
http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xlibs/xkbdesc/
This is the translation of keyboard layouts and keyboard settings that
you see in the keybard settings contol applet.

In the other mail you said it was called xkeyboard-config. OK.
In order to check it out do:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/xlibs login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/xlibs login co
xkbdesc

Um, it asks me for a password. What do I do?

You know the rest.

Does this mean, translate the file as usual? Or is there something else in "the rest"? ;)

The name of the maintainer of the module is Sergey Udaltsov.
Just translate it, enter it in the Bugzilla system - module Lib/Other
and add Sergey to the CC list - svu gnome org

Report it as a bug, attach the file?

Then again, I won't get very far if I can't checkout the file. :(

Alexander, how do we know the file we checkout is the latest version of that file? The status pages offer us fresher files than CVS. Is there an arrangement like that at freedesktop?

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)