Re: GnomeMeeting 1.2.2
- From: dsandras gnomemeeting net
- To: luis villa gmail com
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GnomeMeeting 1.2.2
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:49:53 +0200 (CEST)
> On 9/5/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>> Hello to all,
>> GnomeMeeting 1.2.2 has been uploaded to the GNOME FTP server for release
>> with GNOME 2.12.
>> It is a very minor bugfixes release. It contains several translations
>> I have created a "gnome-2-12" branch. Development will continue in the
>> "opal" branch which should be merged to HEAD soon when we judge that SIP
>> support is good enough for public consommation!
> In line with my other requests for information, care to share a bit
> more about your goals for the 'opal' branch? I'm hoping you think
> it'll hit for 2.14?
It has already been announced here and there, but here is a summary for
the desktop-devel-list :
GnomeMeeting "opal" should be ready before the end of the year.
It will feature :
- a redesigned GUI
- support for the H.323 protocol
- support for the SIP protocol (ie compatibility with many windows
softphones including Windows Messenger), with video
- a Voice over IP platform for GNOME users sponsored by OVH :
* all users will be world reachable using a SIP address
* virtual conference rooms support
* voicemail support
* talking clock support
A bit like what FreeWorldDialup is offering.
] [Thread Prev