Re: GnomeMeeting 1.2.2

> On 9/5/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>> Hello to all,
>>
>> GnomeMeeting 1.2.2 has been uploaded to the GNOME FTP server for release
>> with GNOME 2.12.
>>
>> It is a very minor bugfixes release. It contains several translations
>> updates.
>>
>> I have created a "gnome-2-12" branch. Development will continue in the
>> "opal" branch which should be merged to HEAD soon when we judge that SIP
>> support is good enough for public consommation!
>
> In line with my other requests for information, care to share a bit
> more about your goals for the 'opal' branch? I'm hoping you think
> it'll hit for 2.14?
>
> Luis

It has already been announced here and there, but here is a summary for
the desktop-devel-list :
GnomeMeeting "opal" should be ready before the end of the year.

It will feature :
- a redesigned GUI
- support for the H.323 protocol
- support for the SIP protocol (ie compatibility with many windows
softphones including Windows Messenger), with video
- a Voice over IP platform for GNOME users sponsored by OVH :
   * all users will be world reachable using a SIP address
   * virtual conference rooms support
   * voicemail support
   * talking clock support
A bit like what FreeWorldDialup is offering.

Damien