Re: Errors found in GNOME cvs repository -- what should I do?

On 10/28/05, Steve Murphy <murf e-tools com> wrote:
> Hello--
>
> After a bit of a "vacation" from gnome i18 efforts, I've returned. I've
> grabbed a list of modules from the web site, and checked them all out.
> I then ran thru the process of creating POT files... and hit a few
> errors.  I've checked out most of the packages on Monday, and I've been
> sorting thru the error messages...
>
> I am using intltool-update (intltool) 0.31.2
>

> Are the kinds of errors I here present the kind I open bug reports on,
> or are they due to some misunderstanding on my part? Please, help me out
> here! Here they are:
>
> 1. HEAD/gedit-plugins/po: no POTFILES.in
> 2. HEAD/gnome-utils/po: intltool-update --pot says:
>         logview/actions.c: no such file
> 3. HEAD/meld/po: intltool-update --pot says:
>         ./../data/meld.desktop.in: no such file
>           ../glade2/wocoview.glade: no such file
>         /usr/bin/xgettext: error while opening "data/meld.desktop.in.h"
> for reading: no such file
> 4. HEAD/orca/po: error while opening "src/orca/Gecko.py" for reading: no
> such file

In my opinion, the safest thing to do is to open bug reports for all
of these problems, against their respective product, in Bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org). It sure sounds like real problems to me.
If you like, you can also provide this list with links to the bug
reports later, so that people that are interested can check out the
bug reports and perhaps fix the issues or provide more information.