Re: Problems with evolution + intltool-update

tor 2005-05-26 klockan 23:19 +0100 skrev Rhys Jones:
> Hello,
>
> A quick query: I'm trying to add some translations to the evolution
> module in CVS HEAD, starting from a clean checkout, and I'm coming
> across the following problem when running intltool-update:
>
> [rhys gwennol HEAD]$ cvs co evolution
> (output snipped)
> [rhys gwennol HEAD]$ cd evolution/po; intltool-update --pot
> can't open ./../plugins/groupwise-features/org-gnome-shared-folder.error.xml: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/intltool-extract line 200.
> addressbook/gui/widgets/test-reflow.c:23: warning: unterminated string literal
> addressbook/gui/widgets/test-reflow.c:48: warning: unterminated string literal
> /usr/bin/xgettext: error while opening "plugins/groupwise-features/org-gnome-shared-folder.error.xml.h" for reading: No such file or directory
> ERROR: xgettext failed to generate PO template file. Please consult
>        error message above if there is any.
> [rhys gwennol HEAD]$ intltool-update --version
> intltool-update (intltool) 0.31.2
> (rest of output snipped)
>
> Upgrading to intltool 0.33 causes the same problems.
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated, with apologies in advance if I'm
> asking this on the wrong list.

The above problem is usually caused by a po/POTFILES.in file that has
not been properly updated, by the developers, when removing a file. The
po/POTFILES.in file is supposed to contain references to all the files
in the module that are supposed to be translated, but when developers
remove a file from CVS that also happens to be listed in po/POTFILES.in
without remembering to also remove the reference in po/POTFILES.in,
these problems appear.

The safest thing to do is almost always to bug report the issue.
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ , product "evolution", is your friend.