using ISO for lists of countries etc.

Hello :)

I'm working my way through Evolution for Gnome 2.12, and yet again I'm having to fill in a huge list of countries. (The file was partly- translated, so I can't just fill them in from my compendium/tmx.)

I would suggest that Gnome files use the current ISO lists. Having translated those once, it seems a waste of effort and file space, to me, to have to do it over and over in different Gnome files.

The ISO-3166 lists include country names, state/province names, languages and currencies for the world. They are freely available and up-to-date, and would be an excellent system resource. Most likely, they are already there.

Would it be a complex task for Gnome files to access these files?

<sigh> back to the huge, redundant list...

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc