translation tools for Gnome

Hello everybody,

I just noticed on Tim Foster's weblog that the Gnome i18n effort had a lack of tools for non po files.

This mail is to inform you that OmegaT, a GPLed Java application, exists and supports natively the sx*, od*, (x)html and txt formats (and will support po files in a future version).

OmegaT is a "translation memory" tool, it reminds you the way you translated similar strings before, and you can use standard (tmx) pre-build translation memories to help you in the translation process.

It accepts also glossary files for terminology consistency.

I wrote an article about it a few weeks ago (recently updated):
http://www.eskimo.com/~helary/omegat/omegat_review.html

The application itself is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. I am writing a tutorial for people who want to start right away but it won't be ready before a few days.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe Helary