Re: Time for gnome 2.12 stats?

søn, 20 03 2005 kl. 16:22 +0100, skrev Danilo Šegan:
> >> Everything is "supposed" to be done only when someone gets around to
> >> actually doing it :)  So far, I didn't see anyone step up (hint, hint :-P)
> >
> > Howto do it?
>
> One would need to update gnome-i18n/status/data/translation-status.xml
> file accordingly.  This would be tedious, so I've written a Python
> script to do it (I'm attaching it here, I'll also commit it to
> gnome-i18n/status/data/new-release), but I didn't test it extensively.

Okay.

> Christian Rose used to do this, and we should probably wait for his
> approval before doing anything of this kind.

Okay.

> Now, I'd appreciate your help in checking that this doesn't break
> anything (i.e. do the following:

Sure.

>   $ ./new-release | xmllint --format - >new.xml

Worked.

>   $ diff -u translation-status.xml new.xml
> and only if everything looks fine in the diff

Umh what should I be on the lookout for?

+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
Nice with: encoding="utf-8", does this mean that browsers will
automagically show the po files in utf-8?

The script seems to the right thing, ie kick out Gnome 2.8 and only show
Gnome 2.10 and 2.12.

Also the formating of the xml looks nicer now.

>   $ cp new.xml translation-status.xml
> edit ChangeLog, and finally
>   $ cvs ci

Umh should we not wait for approval from Christian Rose?

> ).  It's not easy this first time, since there are indentation
> changes, but it should be easier in the future if we keep it "xmllint
> --format"-indented.

Yes.

How can this be tested without interfering with the present status
pages?

Happy hacking!
--
Martin Willemoes Hansen