Re: GNOME Translation in Uighur [ug]: Help needed

fre 2005-03-11 klockan 14:42 +0100 skrev Abdurixit Abduxukur:
> As a first step, I did install windows ttf fonts on my FC3 machine. Then started to make my uighur.xkb file. I did not have any problem with the letters same as arabic, for instance I use "Arabic_beh" for Uighur "Ø" (b) etc, but I had problem with the letters which is not standard arabic, like "Û" (ve) (U06CB).
> My question is: is this right step to begin with? How do include non-arabic-standard letters in my uighur.xkb file? Do I have to implement something in pango modules?
> Suggestions/documentations/helps are welcome.

If you have questions or comments on the Pango support for Uighur
scriptÂ, please bring them up on the gtk-i18n-list
(http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list/). This list
mostly deals with translation problems, while the gtk-i18n-list deals
with text rendering problems/complex script support in Pango/GTK+.

Christian

 I don't actually know if Pango supports Uighur script. I bet some of
the gtk-i18n-list people do know the status of that, though.