Re: GNOME Translation in Uighur [ug]

Kaixo!

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:44:27PM +0100, Abdurixit Abduxukur wrote:

> Being a native Uighur speaker and experienced Linux system
> administrator, I am going to involve GNOME translation into Uighur
[...]
> Can someone tell me the status of this Uighur translation project?

Easy to reply: nothing has been done yet.

Do you have already a Uighur keyboard layout? (I suppose the script
to use is arabic script); I have collected some keyboard layouts
on the web, among them a Uighur one, but I don't know if that layout
is actually used or if a different one is used instead.

Also, do you know of a freely distributable font including needed uighur
letters; or even a freely usable (eg, one that while not being freely
distributable I can find and use) that has them?
So long I haven't find one, even Code2000 or Arial Unicode lacks some
of the letters. I wonder which fonts people that write in Uighur do use.

Thanks

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]