Re: GNOME release notes: don't include <figure> in <para>

Il giorno ven, 04/03/2005 alle 18.45 +0100, Danilo Šegan ha scritto:
> Hi Murray, Luca,
>
> (Luca, you seem to be using older, slightly incompatible, xml2po
> version; please upgrade to latest CVS, which will break some of your
> translations, but that couldn't have been avoided, sorry :()

I'm using gnome-doc-utils from HEAD, so maybe my problem is elsewhere.
But where?

BTW what should be my problem? The <figure> inside PO messages? Those
seems to be in all PO files for release notes.

Do you think is better restart from release-notes.po file?

> Also, we don't want to force authors to do this, we need to consider
> <figure> a final/ignored tag, so PO file should end up with a message
> like:
>
> #: ../rnapplets.xml:43
> msgid ""
> "GNOME 2.10 features an optional trashcan for your Panel. "
> "Just like the trashcan on your desktop, you can now drag "
> "and drop files and other items into the trash without "
> "minimising your open windows. <placeholder-1/>"
> msgstr ""
>
> where <placeholder-1/> would be replaced with the entire <figure>
> tag, and there would be separate messages for whatever is in it.
>
> Whoever wants to track progress on this (I'll start cleaning it up
> only *after* release notes are finally published), watch #169197[1].

This sounds reasonable to me.

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca infinito it>