Re: translations of the press release

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:40:00 +0100, Danilo Åegan <danilo gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Luis, Murray,
>
> Today at 21:26, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/releng/2.x/2.10rnotes/press_release/gnome210_press_release.sxw?rev=1.7&view=auto
>
> Nice! :)
>
> > Thanks- please email murry and I if there are any questions (I'm sure
> > there will be, I'm rushed and in a crappy mood so I'm sure I forgot
> > something obvious...)
>
> Any particular reason to use Arial for the font? (I don't have it
> installed, so I've tested with "Nimbus Sans L", which should be
> another Helvetica derivative, at least when it comes to metrics.)  As
> for the looks, I prefer CMU Sans Serif even more (from Computer Modern
> Unicode set of fonts).
>
> Also, would it be ok to give a local touch to the press release by
> putting something like "Belgrade, Serbia" instead of "Boston,
> Massachusets" in the first paragraph? :)

Sure,  GNOME is international that way. Two other things that could be done:

* I don't think it would be a bad thing to replace one of the quotes
with a quote from a 'local', if there is an appropriate person saying
reasonably appropriate things :)

* under press inquiries, you could add the contact information for a
local press contact. If you do that, please email marketing-list so
that we can add that person to http://www.gnome.org/press/ (which we
really should wikify.)

Thanks, guys-
Luis