Re: A question about po directory management

Today at 11:14, Baris Cicek wrote:

> But do application developers should put a translation w/o even noticing
> language team about that change? If they shouldn't does Gnome project
> management team inform new developers for this?

No, policy is: "what's in CVS, GTP manages it".  Maintainers should
direct any translators to translation coordinators.  We shouldn't be
surprised if they're not aware of it (i.e. they may err), but we're
here to advise them to go through GTP. :)

> Maybe idealist solution is to make GTP as opt-out for Gnome repository,
> so any author that would like to manage translations himself or herself
> should opt-out from GTP and we won't care about it, else should leave
> translations to tranlation teams.

No, we don't want to do that.  GTP is there to coordinate efforts.

> I'm not pointing any fingers, but just wondered your opinions and/or
> policies about those things.

You should probably point a few fingers, since it's obvious that
you're having problem with a certain module.  There's no need to bring
that to the public, unless you can't resolve it with a private email
(i.e. just explain the same things to them, and ask them not to add
translations which didn't come through GTP, and to direct every
potential contributor to GTP teams pages).

Cheers,
Danilo