A question about po directory management

Hi;

I want to ask a question about the management of po/ dirs of projects in
Gnome repository. As far I know, it's Gnome Translation Project that is
volunteer to translate those projects in Gnome repository and we're
doing as much as we can to keep them updated.

But do application developers should put a translation w/o even noticing
language team about that change? If they shouldn't does Gnome project
management team inform new developers for this?

My personal opinion about this can be expressed as developers should
inform language teams for changes they do in po/ dirs. The right to
change whatever in their source base is their right. But I reckon
bypassing language team is a disrespect to those translators who're
trying to check every word for problems in application translations.
Because it's distructing your QA work on translations, (on our team
we're trying to keep terminology consistancy, so if translators use
different terminologies we discuss that in list to achive best result)
and also this can harm your coordination of translations, (ie. someone
started doing translation already but you see it's replaced by the
author from some other translation).

Maybe idealist solution is to make GTP as opt-out for Gnome repository,
so any author that would like to manage translations himself or herself
should opt-out from GTP and we won't care about it, else should leave
translations to tranlation teams.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but just wondered your opinions and/or
policies about those things.