Re: Unannonced team de_BY or mistake?

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 17:10 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> Things are changing... ;-)
> IS0 639-3 now has "bar" for Bavarian:
> http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?code=bar
>
> Granted, ISO 639-3 is not an official ISO standard yet, it only has the
> status of "Draft International Standard" so far, but should anyone want
> to translate into Bavarian, then please use that code instead of
> inventing your own standard.

Sorry for the late reply, but I consider using "bar" very dangerous. ISO
639-3 should not be used in GNU-related localization, since its model is
not appropriate for localization work.

There is also something else: There is no promise the code "bar" won't
be used by ISO 639-2 for another language later.

roozbeh