New coordinator for the German translation team

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:28 +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> sön 2004-12-05 klockan 09:05 +0100 skrev Frank Arnold:
> > [...] German coordinator
> > changed by November 22th. Christian Neumaier has retired. New
> > coordinator is Hendrik Richter (hendrik gnome-de org).
>
> That's nothing I knew of, and nothing that has been officially announced
> in the GNOME Translation Project. Thus, I'm cc:ing this to Christian
> Neumair as he's still the German coordinator (at least until otherwise
> formally announced and confirmed on the GTP mailing list).
>
> Christian, can you confirm Frank's CVS account request, and do you
> support it?

As of Monday, November 22nd 2004 I am the new coordinator for the German
GNOME translation team, elected on the gnome-de list. The former
coordinator Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> announced it to the
gnome-de list that day, his post in German language can be found at [1].
A Babelfish translation [2] returns "thus is Hendrik judge with
immediate effect the new Übersetzungskoordinator.", where "judge" is the
translation of my surname "Richter", "Übersetzung" means "translator"
and "Koordinator" "coordinator".

I was unable to reach Christian Neumair for about two months and I think
that Christian Rose did not get a reply on his mail, too. Therefore I
hope that his German announcement and its not perfect translation are
sufficient. I would not bother you with these things, but it is no
pleasure to have to go through other GNOME projects than this list if a
translator want the privileges for CVS commits, so I hope to get that
sorted out soon :)

Regards,

-- Hendrik R.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-de/2004-November/msg00089.html