Re: Translation for Myanmar

sön 2005-01-09 klockan 21:26 -0800 skrev Kyaw Lin:
> Dear all,
>   I am from myanmar and try to translate the gnome-desktop and other
> specific application for fedora core 2.
>   I want to know how can i get the translation source and correction
> of error and support from i18n.
> Respectfully,
> Kyaw Linn
> Myanmar NLP

As far as I know, "Myanmar" is the name of a country, not the language
spoken in that country. The English name of the language spoken in that
country is "Burmese". Is this correct? At least I cannot find any
reference to a language called "Myanmar" on
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html, only to "Burmese".

According to http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html, we
already have a coordinator for GNOME translation into Burmese: Zaw Win
Aung <zwassdt yahoo com>. Have you tried to contact this person to see
if you can cooperate? If not, please do.
If you already have tried and this person did not respond, please let us
know, so that we can appoint a new coordinator for Burmese in that case.