Re: Translation evaluation of the modules proposed for 2.10

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:46, Christian Rose wrote:

> libgnomesu
> ==========
> 34 translateable messages.
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?
> product=libgnomesu&keywords_type=anywords&keywords=string
> +I18N&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
> This is a no-brainer from a translation message perspective; few
> messages and relatively simple ones as well. Unfortunately, libgnomesu
> uses Glade, which brings wellknown translation problems with Glade into
> the equation, but it's not worse than any other Glade-using module
> currently in the desktop. In my opinion, this module is safe to include,
> at least from a translateable message perspective.

The only translation problem left with Glade is the markup problem,
isn't it? e.g. translators don't like handling the markup in "<b>this is
bold</b>".

This may be a bit awkward for translators, but I think you're
overstating the problem quite a bit. I've just checked and I think there
are only 3 problem strings in libgnomesu, 7 in gwget, 14 in totem, 7 in
goobox, and 10 in sound-juicer. That is trivial, isn't it?

Damon