Re: GUADEC 2005 and talks

mån 2005-01-03 klockan 18:09 +0330 skrev Roozbeh Pournader:
> > As always, I'd love if as many translators as possible could come.
> > GUADEC is the place where GNOME translators meet each other and other
> > GNOME hackers and GNOME developers. So if you're anxious to meet other
> > GNOME people, just go to GUADEC!
>
> Well, I have been planning to do that (bring translators to GUADEC) for
> quite some time. Me and Meelad Zakaria (the other Persian translator)
> will definitely be there, if we can get the visa in time.

I'm definately looking forward to it! It was great meeting you last
year.

> > Even better than just attending the conference is giving a talk. We'd
> > obviously love to see many talks on i18n and l10n related topics. If you
> > would like to give a talk, please notice that the abstract submission
> > deadline is January 12th (http://2005.guadec.org/papers.html).
>
> Shouldn't we have a i18n and l10n BOF or something?

Perhaps, although I'm not sure of the topics to discuss. But I agree
that a scheduled i18n/l10n BOF would be a very good thing, if people can
come up with good topics to discuss and are willing to prepare for some
discussion.

Last time I arranged such a BOF was two years ago in Dublin, and there
was no shortage on things to discuss, so something to be learned from
that is probably to try to focus only on some particular topics. In
addition, the most fruitful discussions in my experience were those were
we could actually bring the affected developers and l10n people together
to discuss proposed solutions to a problem, so keep in mind that we need
to also encourage affected developers to come and join us and find a
suitable time in order for them to do so.

That said, I'm eager to hear ideas for discussion topics, and also if
someone is volunteering to arrange such a BOF at GUADEC.