Re: gnome-utils ported to gnome-doc-utils

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 18:39 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's with great pleasure that I announce that gnome-utils HEAD has
> been
> ported to gnome-doc-utils.
>
> I've never really did this, so I'm not sure that everything is working
> as it should: I've followed the GnomeDocUtilsMigration pages on the
> wiki, and HEAD compiles/installs fine.
>
> The components of gnome-utils that have been ported are:
>
>         * gnome-log-viewer
>         * gfloppy
>         * gnome-search-tool
>
> Only the C locale of the documentation has been changed, so I'm
> letting
> the maintainers of the translations know that you'll have to update to
> gnome-doc-utils your versions of the user's manual of these
> components.
>
> I've left out gnome-dictionary (gdictsrc) because that is going to be
> replaced soon by the new dictionary code (gnome-utils, inside branch
> "new-dictionary"); hence it'll require a new manual and a new
> translation.  As soon as the new code hits HEAD, I'll let all
> translators and documenters know.
>
> I'd be very glad if anyone "in the know" about gnome-doc-utils could
> verify that the porting has been done right.

Hi Emmanuele,

I grabbed gnome-utils from CVS and checked it over.  I don't seem
to be able to compile gnome-utils on this machine at the moment,
probably because I'm missing some new development goodness.  But
I can run autogen/configure (which might mean your configure checks
aren't strict enough).

Anyway, I was able to run make and make check in all three help
directories.  I manually looked over your source and build files,
as well as the files gnome-doc-utils generates, and everything
really looks fine.  If make distcheck passes for you, then you
probably have everything right.  The gnome-doc-utils stuff is
very strict about check and distcheck.

// Shaun