Re: Re: The "System" menu (and others‚

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:44:31 +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> if a user from my community writes in to say a particular string
> isn't working, or suggests translating it differently for contextual
> reasons, how do I find that string in my legion of PO files?

I'm using grep for this, quite effectively.  For example, if you are sure
that this string is from /desktop:

$ grep "string to be found" * | less

Or if you want to search recursively use the -R option.
This assumes that you keep all your translations in your repo or local
directories, as grepping in a CVS working copy is painful.

--
Yavor Doganov			JID: doganov jabber minus273 org
Free Software Association - Bulgaria	       http://fsa-bg.org