Re: The "System" menu (and others‚

On 30/08/2005, at 10:31 AM, ÐÑÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐ wrote:

Where do I find and translate the string for the "System" menu on the upper GNOME panel? <snip>

This reminds me to ask about something I've found difficult:

if a user from my community writes in to say a particular string isn't working, or suggests translating it differently for contextual reasons, how do I find that string in my legion of PO files?

It's relatively ;) easy to find it if we're talking about a specific application, but when it's a string in the Gnome environment itself, finding it is requires a global search, which can take a while, and require sorting through all the results to find the correct string.

Is there any more effective way to find strings from the Gnome environment?

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)