Re: Kazakh Language
- From: Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- Cc: Jim Wagner <jpw sasktel net>, Danilo Åegan <danilo gnome org>, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: Kazakh Language
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:47:13 +0100
Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Just to be pedantic, in free software it gets implemented if there
determined people to do it.
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Danilo Åegan wrote:
That's a downside to free software development: it gets implemented
only if someone really needs it. :)
Isn't it a benefit of it?! In a non-free software, it gets
implemented only if thousands/millions of people really need it
and are willing to pay for it.
There are languages with relatively small audience that have good levels
of localisation only because specific people came around and did/do the job.
And the total effort is much cheaper than what you would get if you
contract someone for proprietary software.
Back to the Kazakh language :)
] [Thread Prev