Re: Kazakh Language

Hi Jim,

On Sunday at 5:20, Jim Wagner wrote:

> What I'm seriously looking for now is a Kazakh keyboard layout.  All
> my research so far leads me to believe that it is way, way down on
> everyone's list.

That's a downside to free software development: it gets implemented
only if someone really needs it. :)

> Can you give me any information on whether you know of anyone working
> at it at all?

And that's the upside to free software development: if you need it,
you should probably be the one to work on it.  There are people who
can help, of course, but you probably want to join xkeyboard-config
project for that:

  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig

(also check examples which derive from Russian layout like "kg", check
bugzilla to see if anyone was working on it, etc.).

Cheers,
Danilo