Re: Localization problems with GTK+ (Kurdish)

Hi Erdal,

Yesterday at 21:31, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

> But the result was not good. My previous German localization was gone,
> and no Kurdish appeared. Instead GTK fell back to the "en" locale.

You'll have to be more specific.  What applications, how did you set
the locale, etc.  I.e. we want to know several things which may cause
problems:
  â you put it in a wrong place (i.e. Ubuntu expects them for some
    programs in /usr/share/locale-langpack/ku/LC_MESSAGESânote the
    "-langpack" part)
  â you misnamed the .mo file (i.e. it should be gtk20.mo)
  â your locale is not being activated (you should be able to test
    this with running "date +%c" from a terminal)
  â strings in your Gtk+ differ too much from those in a PO file you
    translated (i.e. what version of Gtk+ do you have?)
  â applications you tested don't use Gtk+ "stock" items, so they have
    to provide translations for common elements themselves

Danilo