Re: Error after commit?

On à., 2005-08-09 at 18:07 +0200, ÐÑÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐ wrote:
> I'm commiting an updated translation of gdm2 and I get this:
>
> Checking in mk.po;
> /cvs/gnome/gdm2/po/mk.po,v  <--  mk.po
> new revision: 1.17; previous revision: 1.16
> done
> *Cannot open file /tmp/#cvs-po.lastdir.595.  <-- *What's all this about? :\

I'm aware of this. The precommit for the cvs-po-commits-list script (in
CVSROOT/commitinfo) is creating this temp file based on the parent PID,
and the corresponding script in postcommit is using it's PID to pick up
the data prepared during the precommit.

However, for some reason the parent PIDs aren't matching (especially now
that the precommit for the cvs-po-commits-list hook is spawned from the
precommit script for the po validation hook). IMHO, a better way needs
to be found to let the postcommit hook uniquely identify the data
gathered by the precommit hook. I expect there are shedloads of leftover
#cvs-po.lastdir.nnnnn files in /tmp.

Suggestions welcome.

--
Ross