Re: [Evolution-hackers] templates i18n question

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 18:37 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
Today at 15:31, Not Zed wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:57 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
>
>> We've put the default inbox for translation in evolution/mail/default,
>> however I know the translation teams aren't particularly fond of this so
>> any solution you come up with should probably handle this case as well.
>
> I think i18n-tool now supports email messages.  I presume it extracts
> the text parts for use in normal po files.  But i'm only guessing that
> from command line arguments i've seen.

If you're thinking of intltool, no it doesn't actually (or at least,
it would not be usable for what you need in evo/mail/default; rfc
message support is there for some Debian-style files).

OTOH, if you're interested, I can work on adding adequate support (I
described what I'd do before, but nobody seemed interested: basically,
I'd only add simple text-markup for message extraction and merging).

Ahh, thats a bummer.  Currently we have a pretty messy setup for our default inbox message translation.  It isn't that complex, but it is a different approach to using po files, so few of the translators know how to use it.  We just have a separate directory/file for each language.  We could just keep using the same mechanism for templates, but perhaps a more complete and integrated approach would be better?

One issue is that the tool would have to extract both text/plain and text/html sub-parts and provide basically the same translation for each type.

Cheers,
Michael