Re: question of translating docs.

2005-04-21 (ë), 14:34 +0900, brian cnetia com ììê:
> Hi,
> I'm planing on traslating gnome docs into Korean and I'm going to
> translate "Desktop User Guide" first
>
> I've read documents about translating on the net. And shaunm gave me
> advises on the #doc channel. (thanks, shaunm)
> Then, I just know how to use translation tools such as xml2po and
> gtranslator.
> I downloaded gnome2-user-doc-2.8.1.tar.gz first and I'm ready to go.

Work on the CVS version instead of the released one.  As the version
states, the released docs are for gnome 2.8 and outdated.  Note that
there's already Korean translated version (by Sun) in the CVS, though
it's much more outdated.  You can start based on it.

Hmm I guess you are going to work on it for cnetia's desktop project.
Then make sure whether the document version is what you really want.
For GNOME 2.10, you can just work on the CVS version.  For upcoming
GNOME 2.12, you should keep eyes on documents changes and cooperate with
doc people.

> But, I don't know what I should do after translaing all .xml file.
> Could you tell me what I need to do next?

Just send the files to me.  I'm the coordinator of the Korean
translation team..  I have not handled document translations yet but I
can provide some help for you.

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu debian org>