Re: System Tools Backends have been moved to FreeDesktop

Hi Martin!

As usual in me, sorry for the late reply...

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 23:28 +0200, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> fre, 08 04 2005 kl. 17:56 +0200, skrev Carlos Garnacho:
>
> > NOTE FOR TRANSLATORS: As soon as the backends have new translatable
> > strings, I'll contact the Translation Project [2] and mail gnome-i18n
> > for anyone interested
>
> Im sad to see that it has moved to TP for translations :( GTP is so much
> better IMHO.

Given the plans I'm currently working on, the backends will become just
a layer above the system configuration, and there will be an
intermediate library what will abstract communication plus other things,
so it will very probably be where the strings will move, this library
will be GObject based and stored in cvs.gnome.org, giving you
translators access to the strings :)

Beside this, there aren't any new short term plans for new strings in
the stable version of the backends

Hope that it's a good enough solution :)

	Regards