Re: Is the Korean team dead?

2005-04-09 (í), 17:36 +0200, Christian Rose ììê:
> mÃn 2003-05-05 klockan 01:31 +0900 skrev Changwoo Ryu:
> > 2003-05-02 ê 06:54, Christian Roseì(ê) ì:
> > > Hi!
> > > Do you know if the Korean GNOME translation team is dead? I've tried
> > > several times to contact the current Korean coordinator, Noh Woo Kyong
> > > <rainlood kldp org>, but so far without success.
> > > I also sent the attached mail to the gnome-i18n gnome org mailing list
> > > with request for a new Korean coordinator almost a month ago but so far
> > > without a single response regarding anything Korean.
> > > Do you know anything about the Korean team situation? In that case,
> > > please clarify it on the gnome-i18n gnome org list.
> > > Otherwise I'll delete the Korean translation team listing soon.
> >
> > I have not seen him for a while.
> >
> > AFAIK Korean translators have never worked as a 'team'.  He volunteered
> > the coordinator, but did nothing.  Though the Korean translators did
> > their jobs without any team effort.
> >
> > anyway I'll try to contact Woo Kyong anyway and to find a new
> > coordinator if possible.
>
> It seems I never got a reply on this, and this was left unresolved. So
> the Korean team has lacked a functional coordinator for almost two years
> now!

Well, since I'm probably only one commiting ko.po files, I hereby
volunteer as the Korean coordinator.  Please use
gnome-kr-hackers lists kldp net if any team mail address is required.

> If the Korean coordinatorship issue cannot be resolved because of lack
> of coordinator volunteers, then I will simply demand that no Korean
> translations are committed to CVS any longer, since we in the GTP cannot
> have people committing ko.po files at random without knowing who is the
> Korean coordinator who can authorize those things.
>
> So I hope that any Korean translators reading this will consider if they
> want to step up as Korean coordinators. If noone wants to be the Korean
> coordinator, then we simply shouldn't allow ko.po files to be committed
> to CVS any longer.

I think we should not reject contributions by such a reason. People
often disappear, some lost their interests and some people don't follow
our way. But it does not make the contributions useless.

> So what does it take to be the Korean coordinator? Basically, a
> coordinator acts as a contact person to both the GTP and any new Korean
> translator volunteers, and hopefully also does some coordination so that
> duplicate efforts are avoided. That's basically all there is to it.
>
> Because of the lack of a Korean coordinator, we haven't got a Korean
> component in Bugzilla, so the recent bug report about Korean
> translations is basically orphaned and was sent here.

I think most Korean users won't file  translation bugs to the bugzilla
(the bugzilla is another language barrier).  Has there really been any
Korean translation related bugs in the bugzilla?

Regards,

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu debian org>