Re: Is the Korean team dead?

mÃn 2003-05-05 klockan 01:31 +0900 skrev Changwoo Ryu:
> 2003-05-02 ê 06:54, Christian Roseì(ê) ì:
> > Hi!
> > Do you know if the Korean GNOME translation team is dead? I've tried
> > several times to contact the current Korean coordinator, Noh Woo Kyong
> > <rainlood kldp org>, but so far without success.
> > I also sent the attached mail to the gnome-i18n gnome org mailing list
> > with request for a new Korean coordinator almost a month ago but so far
> > without a single response regarding anything Korean.
> > Do you know anything about the Korean team situation? In that case,
> > please clarify it on the gnome-i18n gnome org list.
> > Otherwise I'll delete the Korean translation team listing soon.
>
> I have not seen him for a while.
>
> AFAIK Korean translators have never worked as a 'team'.  He volunteered
> the coordinator, but did nothing.  Though the Korean translators did
> their jobs without any team effort.
>
> anyway I'll try to contact Woo Kyong anyway and to find a new
> coordinator if possible.

It seems I never got a reply on this, and this was left unresolved. So
the Korean team has lacked a functional coordinator for almost two years
now!

If the Korean coordinatorship issue cannot be resolved because of lack
of coordinator volunteers, then I will simply demand that no Korean
translations are committed to CVS any longer, since we in the GTP cannot
have people committing ko.po files at random without knowing who is the
Korean coordinator who can authorize those things.

So I hope that any Korean translators reading this will consider if they
want to step up as Korean coordinators. If noone wants to be the Korean
coordinator, then we simply shouldn't allow ko.po files to be committed
to CVS any longer.

So what does it take to be the Korean coordinator? Basically, a
coordinator acts as a contact person to both the GTP and any new Korean
translator volunteers, and hopefully also does some coordination so that
duplicate efforts are avoided. That's basically all there is to it.

Because of the lack of a Korean coordinator, we haven't got a Korean
component in Bugzilla, so the recent bug report about Korean
translations is basically orphaned and was sent here.

Is there really *noone* that wants to be the Korean coordinator?