Re: How add the Aztec Language to the Proyect

tis 2004-09-21 klockan 01.24 skrev Daniel Espinosa Ortiz:
> We are a group of peaple working in translate Free Software to a Mexican
> Language like Aztec (nah is the ISO code), and want to test some
> translations, but I thing we need a locale for that.
>
> The locale, need to use the settings for es_MX, becouse this language is
> just in Mexico as a native speakers, and we want to have a enviromente
> where if any string is not translated the message must be showed in
> Mexican Spanish (es_MX) or in Spanish (es).
>
> Could you help us?

As you point out, Aztec doesn't have its own language code, just the
shared "nah" one, according to
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html.

Unfortunately, this is the same language code that you have claimed you
will be using for Nahuatl translations, for which you have already
registered a team with the GNOME Translation Project.

As gettext and glibc rely on the (unique) language codes for handling
translations, I see a problem here. You'd probably want to solve the
language code problem somehow in advance to dealing with translations.