Re: Gnome 2.6 and updates

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 22:24 +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> tor, 28,.10.2004 kl. 21.21 +0200, skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> > On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:06 +0100, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi
> >

> > >   I have been submitting Oriya .po files to the 2.6
> > > branch, as also to 2.8 and HEAD, but the statistics at
> > > <http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.6/or/desktop/index.html>
> > > do not seem to have updated in over a day, even though
> > > the CVS logs show the update. Or, is it that there is
> > > no
> > > point in now adding translations to the 2.6 branch?
> >
> > GNOME 2.6 status is not updated anymore, we are not doing any new
> > release from that branch and thus it makes no sense to update its
> > status.
> >
> Note though that there are distros based on 2.6.x so you might see the
> occacional tarball release of a single package from 2.6.x, heck,
> Jonathan is about to release a 2.2.3 package of libwnck, so nothing is
> impossible.
>
> RHEL and other distros with a long support cycle will be based on older
> stable releases for quite some time.

But I don't think we should ask translators to expend their time on it,
it could happen from time to time and with some concrete modules. I
think it's better if they concentrate on current versions and then, if
they are bored, work on old releases that may be released if "the moon
is close to the earth the first day of the month"

Cheers.