Shared online dictionary C<->locales?

Have there been any efforts of creating a SQL DB-driven web dictionary
that is shared among all locales (hosted on GNOME.org)? I remember a
nice web dictionary effort on some locale-specific website (I think it
was a kyrillic language).
Some requirements that spring to mind for the shared dictionary:
- authentification system, restrictions (ro/rw access)
- what changed from timestamp to now
- heavy usage of links ("see also <word>")
- multiple translations per entry
- multiple entries per word (i.e. handle (verb), handle (noun))
- comments
- tags (NEEDS-REVIEW etc.) per translation and per entry
- search (regepxs, filter by type)

regs,
 Chris