Re: New Urdu Effort

ons 2004-03-24 klockan 13.52 skrev shaz@linux.net.pk:
> My name is Shaz and I have now decided to take on the effort of translating
> Gnome into Urdu. Hopefully, things will start to progress quickly and
> successfully.
>
> Currently I am in the process of bringing together a team of dedicated
> developers who share the same passion and enthusiasm to see this project
> through. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.
>
>  I would just like to request that the list translation team co-ordinators
> please update the translation team page to reflect my details.

Yes, the teams page http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
should soon show you as new GNOME Urdu coordinator. Please verify that
this listing is correct, and good luck as new Urdu coordinator!

You'll find the pot files to translate on
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/kw/developer-libs/ and http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/kw/desktop/ respectively. Once you have translated some files and contributed back some ur.po, you'll automatically get your own
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/ur/developer-libs/ and http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/ur/desktop/
status pages for Urdu.

You can send finished po files (UTF-8 encoded and gzipped) to me or
someone else with a GNOME cvs account, and we'll commit the po files for
you. Once you've contributed some po files this way, we can have a look
at creating a cvs account for you.