GNOME Urdu team
- From: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- To: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Cc: AdeeL Munir <adeelmunirbutt hotmail com>,Shahzad Chohan <shahzad webstar co uk>, Tariq <tariq linux net pk>,Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas gnome org>
- Subject: GNOME Urdu team
- Date: 24 Mar 2004 10:56:56 +0100
Ok, so I have decided to relieve the current GNOME Urdu coordinator from
This is not something we usually do or I have done before or want to do,
but I feel the Urdu situation has been somewhat special:
* I've never been able to communicate with the Urdu coordinator. He has
not been responding to any mails I've sent (except for a few days ago
when he started to respond to mails after finally being threatened to
* There have never ever been any Urdu GNOME translations at all
* Other Urdu volunteers have been suffering from this and are willing to
get a new team formed and contribute.
The coordinator claims he's been busy with other efforts, but that
shouldn't keep him from at least being contactable -- If you can't
fulfill the GNOME team coordinator duties for a longer period of time,
assign that position to someone else in your team (either temporarily or
permanently) and let gnome-i18n know about it.
I expect a new Urdu team to be announced soon, so the situation for Urdu
will hopefully improve in the future.
] [Thread Prev