Re: string freeze breakage in file-roller

Christian Rose <menthos@gnome.org> writes:
> mån 2004-03-08 klockan 17.20 skrev Ole Laursen:

[...]

>> Ehrm, I don't know what is happening behind the scenes here, but from
>> the ChangeLog in the po/ subdirectory it appears most people have
>> updated their translation now.
>>
>> So it might actually be more work for people to revert the change?
>
> By that logic, all kinds of string changes would be ok, since sooner or
> later at some point translators would have been forced to adopt to any
> situation due to the status quo and the release getting nearer at the
> same time. But it's not ok. We have freezes. Those are to be respected.

True, but we are dealing with people and must allow some mistakes. If
reverting the strings is done only to make an example, then it's
beginning to get silly, IMHO.

> And since this issue (bug #135863) has been openly discussed since the
> beginning, and a revert requested since the unauthorized commit
> happened, it should come as no surprise to translators that there will
> be a revert happening.

Perhaps it shouldn't, but it was for me. I deleted the old strings
since I realised that the Zip shows up in the UI as the program name
(that's really awful). Fixing this again is not exactly a big task,
but still seems silly.

Anyway, I think I'll shut up now.

--
Ole Laursen