Re: a problem: making gedit PO files

tis 2004-03-09 klockan 09.43 skrev Ghorban Mohamad Tavakkoli:
> I run "intltool-update --pot" in ~/gedit-2.5.90/po
> directory. but there are many errors (see below).
> why those files are absent?

Don't know. But you shouldn't update translations from released
tarballs! Released tarballs are almost always already outdated...

What you should do is update your translations either from the current
development tree in CVS (in case you will need to update those with
intltool-update), or by fetching the fresh pot/po files from the
translation status pages (which are updated many times a day against
CVS). In the latter case, you don't need to run intltool-update yourself
as this has already been done for you by the translation status page
scripts.

I mentioned the use of the translation status pages for this in my