Re: GNOME Test system

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 00:30 -0800, Ghorban Mohamad Tavakkoli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> GNOME has several build systems (for example GARNOME).
> All of them are excelent. but i think making a
> installable distribution (one cd iso image) based on
> debian with several tools for developing (anjuta, gcc,
> and ...), translation (last cvs, intltool,
> gtranslator,
> prevod, kyfieithu and ...) and testing more easy for
> all GNOME hackers.
>
> I built GNOME 2.5.5 with garnome. but i think this
> steps is difficult for many of testers.

Hi Ghorman,
I was thinking about this too. A readymade ISO is really handy. However,
this would require regular build sessions - and that would require a lot
of computing resources, and bandwidth. :-(
An even more interesting build will be a LiveCD based on the latest
unstable GNOME, built each day by an automated process.

-sdg-