Re: GNOME 2.6: What's new in i18n?

søn, 07.03.2004 kl. 15.33 +0100, skrev Murray Cumming:

> For the GNOME 2.6 press release and release notes, we would like to tell
> everyone about really significant internationalization/translation
> improvements. So, what's new?
>
> For instance, I hear that Arabic will be full supported by GNOME 2.6.
> Are any other languages new (fully supported) in 2.6? Are there any
> other very significant changes?

2.4 had 29 languages with more than 80% coverage wrt translation of the
GUI.

2.6 so far has 31.

The new ones are:

- Arabic
- Croatian
- Mongolian
- Lithuanian
- Russian
- Turkish
- Ukrainian

Supported in 2.4, but not in 2.6:

- Chinese, traditional (75%)
- British English (should be just a matter of filling in the blanks)
- Romanian (66%)
- Slovak (75%)
- Slovenian (70%)

I urge every one of these teams to put the pedal to the metal and get
back into the supported group. This would take us up to a whopping 36
languages over 80% complete.

Cheers
Kjartan