Re: Albanian and Turkmen Teams

salam

> I don't see anything wrong with them selling
> translated Gnome, if they follow all the licences
> of the software included with Gnome (basically, if
> they follow GPL terms for all of Gnome, no problem
> there; some parts may be available under "looser"
> licences).

turkmen nation is generally poor nation. [i am one
of this nation and i sea all things about them].
then we start a group to developing and translationg
free softwares [gonme & OpenOffice & Mozilla & TeX]
for them [and us]. then i think selling free softwares
with some fee is not a good idea in this nation.
most of them can't pay any money for buying a
computer.
a few turkmens can buy a medium computer with monthes
abd years of work. then if they want to buy softwares
what happened? really the can't.

> Of course, GTP has general interest in making Gnome
> localized into as many languages as possible. OTOH,
> since you've just started, I don't see a reason not
> to trust you (at least not any more than anyone else
> who comes across).

our group started the translation of GNOME at
Sun, 18 Jan 2004. our works in this 1.5 monthes are:
 * education [for team members]
 * prepairing a dictionary for our work
 * making a website for group [not completed yet]
then you can see we are not idle at this time.
1.5 monthes is not a big time.

> I'd urge you to try to educate them on our ideals
> of free software, invite them to help you with
> Turkmen translations, and agree on the best policy
> for doing the work.

Ok Danilo,

> I don't think that was the right thing to do -- we
> do not need proofs of what they said, and what they
> didn't say.  We're trying to base our cooperation on
> trust as much as possible, so simply expressing your
> concerns would be enough here.  Yes, trust means
> open dialog as well, but if one didn't intend a
> message to be announced to wider public, other
> should probably not do that unless explicitely
> allowed.

Sorry again,

finally i would like to say a thing to all
coordintors of GNOME:

we are work in turkmen GNOME team only for making
a free system for our citizens.
there are peoples [most of them are students] work
with unregistered win 3.1, amiga 500 and COMMODORE 64.
are you belive that?
we must work for them and we do.

thanks,

turkmen team