RE: Albanian and Turkmen Teams

Dear opensource developers, translators and free men

Mr. Erdal and his group sent me an email in two
languages, turkish and english befor their mail to
this mailinglist. [i attached this mail at end of my
message].

Well, after reading their letter, I can see that
there are some differences between Turkish and
English version. In English version they are talking
about their job a lot.

Well, they are saying that they sow my name in
localization forums and they were trying to make a
universal Turkmen National operating system and that
Turkish goverment payed them 1 million dollars.
(I actually don't believe that). They say they want
to communicate with me. They are the firm that
creates software. They want some information about
me. And they want to work on Translation Project
together with me. And finally they say that they
would be glad if i share the coordinator field in
Gnome Translation project web page with them.

Here is what I think. They are a commercial company
that wants to translate Gnome or other software to
Turkmen and sell it in Turkmenia. Thus, make profit.

I think we should not share any of our accounts with
them.

what is their REAL purpose in translating
and how did they learn Turkmenian. Are they
commercially interested (I think they are because
they say they use Oracle which is very expensive)?

I have some questions:
* Firstly why don't they create and translate for
  Turkish team itself?
* Why are they so interested in Turkmen?

I would unfortunately not share any ideas or manpower
with the commercially interested company. if they
realy want to translate GNOME [without any
commerical interedt], thay can work with me.

fianlly please forgive me for publishing their
mail. it is only for our threated freedom.

Thanks,

========
Tukrmen team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Their mail to me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sayın Ghorban M. Tavakoly,

29 şubat 2004 tarihinde Linux un Türkmen dilinde
localization için
proje çalışması yapmak istediğinizi öğrendik.

Linux ve open office uygulamalarının Türkmen dilinde
tekrar derlenmesi
ve "TURKMEN Milli isletim sistemi" hayata getirmek
için
bizde projeler hazırladık.
Hatta bu çalışmalar için Türkiye Cumhuriyet Hazine
Bakanlığından 1
milyon Amerikan doları tutarında yatırım teşvik
belgesi de hazırllattık.

Ankara da Teknoloji geliştirme bölgesi olan Teknokent
bünyesinde
yazılım ve yüksek teknolojiler geliştiren bir firmanın
sahibi ve genel
müdürü olarak sizinle iletişime geçmek isteriz.

öncelikli bizimle iletişime geçerek ozunuz, isiniz ve
iletişim
bilgileriniz hakkında informasıya verirseniz
seviniriz.

sizi hakkınızda bilgi alıp Translation Project te
bizimle beraber
olmanizi dileriz.

bu arada, Gnome Translation project sayfasında
coordinator alanını
benimle veya firmamla paylaşırsanız sevinirim.

saygılarımla

----------

Mr. Tavakoly

We noticed that you willing to participiant of Turkmen
Locatization
project on february, 29 2004.

We also working for a while to realizating national
Turkmen operating
system and general office applications for Turkmen
Goverment.

Finally we achieve to get "financially support
acreditation" from
Treasury Ministry of Turkish Goverment amount of 1
million USD for this
project.

As a founder and general manager of İstanbul
Consulting who operates in
TEKNOKENT (High Technology Development and production
Campus of TURKEY)
in Ankara, we like hear "hi" or "Selam" from you. Our
major subjects
are software development and project management.
we are able to produce with c  , j2ee, j2me, 9i
Developer Suite and
many database vendors solutions like Oracle.

please e-mail or phone us and give information about
yourself, your
company/organization and contact information.

We like to work with you in this translation project
after get
information about you.

by the way, I will preciate you if you update
coordinator field by
mentioned about me or my company at the GNOME
translation project.

sincerely

Mehmet Ali Erdal
Founder, General Manager
maerdal@istanbulconsulting.net

istanbul consulting information technologies
Teknokent No:6 Hacettepe, Beytepe
06800 Ankara, TURKEY
www.istanbulconsulting.net

Phone:  90 312 299 20 40