Albanian and Turkmen Teams

We are a Turkish software development company and willing to take part in
the Gnome Translation Project.

We are mainly focused on developing multitier applications and localization
of open source national operating systems and applications (like Linux open
office) in several languages such as Turkmen, Albanian and Sudanese. We
believe that the initial and most challenging part of this task is to
convince the governments of these countries for the usage of these operating
systems and applications in public offices and organizations.It is clear
that in the developing countries, computer usage begins in public
organizations and than reach to the private end users. The second phase is
the developing and localization part which is relatively easy.

For our project The Turkish Republic Under Secretariat of Treasury granted
us a financial support accreditation certificate of about 1 million USD in
the context of supporting information technologies and their implementation
processes. We also have the support of several foreign investors willing to
invest in these developing countries in various areas from IT to
construction and they aim to strengthen their relationships with these
countries by providing them these OS’s and applications in their own
languages and without charging any license fees and thus creating a gain
convenient to the public interest. Our investors have high level
governmental contacts and they are eligible to convince these governments in
this subject. We as Istanbul Consulting have developed solutions in these
countries before for governmental organizations and public offices and we
are familiar with the procedures of these countries.

In this context we want to start the Sudanese Team, become the coordinator
of Turkmen and Sudanese teams and contribute to the Albanian Team. Our
meetings with the investors and government officials of these countries are
going on at the very moment and we actually believe that becoming the
coordinator of all these three teams will strengthen our position against
the governments of these countries and the investors thus making it easier
to convince both parties which is very important as it will greatly widen
the usage of the outcome of this project in these countries.

We are hoping to hear from related teams about their opinions and be added
as Sudanese team.
Thanks in Advance,
Mehmet Ali Erdal
General Manager, Founder
Istanbul Consulting Information Technologies
Hacettepe Teknokent No:6
Ankara-Turkey
e-mail : maerdal@istanbulconsulting.net
Tel    : +90 312 2992040
Fax	 : +90 312 2992041
www.istanbulconsulting.net

As a brief information about our company;
Istanbul Consulting and Information Technologies is a software development
and project management company and continuing its activities in Hacettepe
University “Teknokent” area (Turkey-Ankara). “Teknokent” areas are dedicated
to companies performing technology research and development activities in
Turkey and these companies are supported by the Turkish Government.