Re: A new component/module for the nice translators worldwide to pick up

tor 2004-06-17 klockan 22.45 skrev Philip Van Hoof:
> We (Gaute Hope and me, Philip Van Hoof) have just imported a new module
> in cvs.gnome.org: "gnome-schedule". It's a application to ease the
> configuration of the system crontab. Some parts may be a real challenge
> to get translated, like the "humanly readable version" of the frequency
> setting.

There's even more problems with gnome-schedule in its current state.

One of the most important ones is that it doesn't work with
intltool-update. If one goes to the po directory and does an
"intltool-update --pot", the following error is produced:

        Cannot find top_srcdir in Makefile. at /usr/bin/intltool-update line 882.

The most likely cause for this problem is a missing GETTEXT_PACKAGE line
in configure.in. You might want to fix this, as otherwise hardly any
GNOME translators at all will be able to translate gnome-schedule, or
view its translation status from the translation status pages.

Also, the module must also use intltool for many of the translations to
both be available to translators and for the translations to finally get
used. You can find more about the reasons for using intltool on
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html#use-intltool and a guide for intltoolizing GNOME applications on http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/.