Re: Different string totals in status

Hi Carlos,

Today at 1:38, Carlos Perellà MarÃn wrote:

> I think that we (I) need help reviewing the log build to detect broken
> modules and also fixing them (the normal solution is just fixing the
> POTFILES.in file).

I'll make a simple proposal, based on my experiences.  There're
several people able to fix issues with POTFILES.in on this list, and
others are able to make Bugzilla reports.

Perhaps it would be wise to post a single message to this list after
every status update that lists only those modules where there were
errors while updating a .pot file.  Of course, if there were no
errors, there would be no message.

This would make us go from passive error-fixing to pro-active
corrections: these mails would be *VERY* annoying, so we would
probably resolve all of them very soon (and thus get no such mails),
yet we'll notice right away when such errors occur.  With new
intltool, there's no single reason for intltool-update to fail in any
module, even those not using intltool for complete l10n.

Of course, it might be wise to send these mails only in one of the
updates per day (not all 3, or whatever), eg. with the morning
(European time :) update.

Cheers,
Danilo