Re: Some hints and guidelines for the .po file headers

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 00:16, Christian Rose wrote:
> 	# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
>
> Here it's recommended to write something that describes the file, for
> example "German translation of Nautilus." or "Swedish messages for
> Evolution" or something like that.

I would love to have these standardized somehow in GNOME. Following
orders is easier than thinking, and this is unnecessary thinking.

>  with their personal mail addresses

Really? Their "personal" mail addresses? One may not use the business
address? Why?

> 	"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
>
> Replace "PACKAGE VERSION" by something short that uniquely identifies
> this particular translation, for example "evolution HEAD" or just
> "evolution".

Are there recommendations when we are translating a branch? Use the
branch tag, for example?

>         "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL ADDRESS>\n"
>
> Here you should enter the last translator who edited the file and this
> person's email address.

Just curious, why is the "last" translator so important in gettext?

roozbeh